Noble Environmental Power, Inc. (Noble) contracted with King & MacGregor Environmental, Inc. (KME) to complete bird surveys for Michigan's first proposed commercial wind farm consisting of approximately 160 to 200 wind turbines distributed over approximately 112 square miles. KME conducted a quantitative bird survey, including point surveys and broadcast calls, utilizing 107 sampling locations. KME also prepared a fatal flaw analysis for the project and edited a 14-chapter re-zoning document adopted by Huron County.
- Provided a fatal flaw analysis for project area
- Conducted bird surveys and supplied written documentation
- Assisted with writing and editing a 14-chapter re-zoning document
- Provided preliminary wetland delineation
- Provided Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) permit consultation
Client: Noble Environmental Power, Inc.
Location: Huron and Sanilac Counties, Michigan
Commercial wind farm
Turbine tower sections arrive at Noble's staging area in Sanilac County, Michigan for installation in the Thumb Project in Bingham Township, Huron County (photo from www.noblepower.com)